Sunday, April 3, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup with Sauteed Radicchio

Still trying to play catch up with my blogging. This BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP with SAUTEED RADICCHIO I made a few weeks ago along with the Chicken Pot Pie that I made (which was a hit, by the way.

This is another recipe from the Best of Cooking Light cookbook. We really liked this soup, with the exception of the radicchio, which was very bitter. Even trying to eat it with the soup it was still way too bitter for us. We ended up tossing the radicchio and eating just the soup.

The soup itself, however, was delicious. It was a rich, creamy, and surprisingly hearty soup. The squash gave it a sweetness, which I'm guessing the radicchio was supposed to balance, but we loved the soup without the radicchio. The flavors in the soup blended very well. And it was pretty easy to make.

This is a soup I would definitely make again during the fall or winter months, skipping the radicchio, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment