Monday, January 17, 2011

Blueberry Crisp Recipe, Berry Crisp Recipe

Today was day 12 of cooking from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT and I just went with a dessert tonight.  The dish today was a blueberry crisp recipe, but I made a triple berry crisp recipe instead. Here's our thoughts on this recipe...

BLUEBERRY CRISP a la MODE... EXCELLENT (one of our favorites)!!!!!!

I think this is my favorite recipe that I've made so far. After doing a number of recipes in this cookbook exactly as directed, there's been a lot of them that I would have tweaked on or changed slightly, so I decided today I'm just going to take the recipes from the cookbook and tweak on them and change them up a little to suit our family and our likes or dislikes. So, with that in mind, I decided to not just do "blueberries, but make it a triple berry crisp. I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, and it was absolutely delicious! I'm sure it would have been just as good with just blueberries, but I happened to have the three berries on hand so used them, and I'm glad I did.

The other thing I tweaked on was that it was supposed to be baked in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. I put it in three small pie dishes, which serve 2 each. I thought the portions were perfect. My hubby and I split one, and my daughter and son-in-law split one, and we have an extra one for tomorrow.

Also, the recipe calls for low fat frozen yogurt to put on top. I had vanilla ice cream on hand and just used that instead. I know it's not "light", but just wanted to use what I had. Not sure that it ended up being a "light" version of the crisp since I didn't use yogurt, but it sure was worth every calorie! I will definitely keep this recipe and make it again, and will probably make it for my Bed and Breakfast guests as their dessert course sometime.

23 recipes down, 524 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites! Delicious...I'm very blessed to be eating these :-)

    ReplyDelete