Friday, January 28, 2011

Macadamia Cranberry Cookies

Day 17 of cooking from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT and I made one of the cookies in the cookbook. I made some Macadamia Cranberry Cookies. Here's our thoughts on these cookies...

MACADAMIA BUTTER COOKIES WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES, good flavor, but dry...

These cookies had a wonderful flavor to them, but were dry. I could tell when I made the dough that there was no way it was going to stick together to roll into balls, so I added a few teaspoons of water. It still needed a bit more, or maybe a bit more macadamia butter.

It was interesting to use macadamia "butter". It was really easy to make, just put the macadamia nuts in a food processor and grind them until they're the consistency of butter. I think that's what made the flavor of these cookies so good. Maybe I'll add more macadamia nuts next time around.

I also needed to cook the cookies for an additional 1 1/2 minutes, which happens frequently with the high altitude where I live.

Also, instead of rolling the balls in sugar like you do for peanut butter cookies, you dip just the tops in sugar, and it was plenty sweet enough, but obviously much less sugar.

Overall, we liked these cookies, but they needed to be a little more moist. I will probably tweak on the recipe and make them again, the flavors were very good. I served them at our Bed and Breakfast Inn today. I'll know tomorrow when I chat with the guests how they liked them.

32 recipes down, 515 more to go (looking forward to getting below 500 in another week or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment