Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

Well, I haven't posted for the past several days. It's been a whirlwind week around here. My 50th birthday was on Friday and my husband and kids planned a surprise party for me. Most of my family flew in from around the country and surprised me. And the birthday party extended to a birthday weekend celebration. I couldn't have asked for a better present, having nearly all of my direct family here.

My dear hubby decided to make one of my favorite breakfasts for me... Scrambled Eggs Benedict in Puffed Pastry Shells, along with Creamy Hash Browns, Canadian Bacon, and cantaloupe, for my birthday celebration. Here's a picture of his fantastic job. You will notice that my meal is plated beautifully on a plate he heated and garnished with a rosemary sprig. Everyone else had to help themselves from the buffet table and use paper plates. I was definitely spoiled in many ways :)

Then, while most of the family family were still here, my 9 months pregnant daughter went into labor and had her baby Monday morning. It was the icing on the cake of a fabulous weekend! Being a proud Grandma, I just can't resist showing our new granddaughter off to you.

Now, back to our cookbook blog from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT (nothing compared to this beautiful little angel here). My Mom is still here enjoying her Great Granddaughter, so she and I made dinner together tonight. We made Oven Fried Chicken Thighs with Mustard-Buttermilk Sauce. Here's what we all thought of it...

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSTARD-BUTTERMILK SAUCE, a keeper (one of our favorites)!

This was a really easy dish to make, and it was really good as well. The chicken was really moist on the inside, and had a slight crisp on the outside. There was no oil used to cook it, so I was surprised it could crisp up even a little bit. And the mustard buttermilk sauce was excellent. You dipped the chicken in some of the sauce and then into bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese (wasn't enough though, we had to just about double the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese mixture), and then baked it. The remaining sauce was warmed right before serving and drizzled over the chicken. The flavors were great. My hubby thought the sauce was honey mustard dressing we'd made and put it on his salad, which was really a good idea, though it would probably have been better cold. But, the sauce can also be doubled as salad dressing we found out.

Overall, a good recipe that everyone enjoyed and would love to eat again.

30 recipes down, 517 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment