Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pasta with Sauteed Tomatoes, Olives, and Artichokes

Tonight was day 27 of cooking from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT and I wanted to use some of the ingredients I have leftover on hand from some other dishes and found a pasta dish that would work. I made us Pasta with Sauteed Tomatoes, Olives and Artichokes.

PASTA WITH SAUTEED TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND ARTICHOKES, pretty good...

For a dish that doesn't have much to it, and is quick and simple to make, this was a decent dish that we both enjoyed.

It was really quick and easy to make, it only took about 20 minutes from start to finish. I got all my ingredients prepped while the pasta was cooking, and actually made the dish in 2 separate pans because my hubby hates olives, so I made his without olives, and mine with olives (kalamata olives, even better).

There are really very little ingredients to this dish... pasta (ziti), tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, basil, cheese (Asiago, but Parmesan would have been a fine substitute), salt and pepper. It went together so fast and easy, it was great to do after a busy day at the inn.

The flavors were simple, but enough. There's no sauce to this dish, just the flavors of the ingredients themselves. I think a little drizzle of olive oil would have been nice, but we skipped it, as this is cooking "light".

Overall, I'm not sure I'd make this dish again or not. If I happen to have these ingredients on hand and I need a quick meal to fill my tummy, I might make it again. For me, it was a good meal, but not really memorable or one of my favorites.

50 recipes down, 497 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment