Friday, February 4, 2011

Salisbury Steak, Drop Biscuits

Day 21 of cooking from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT and I made Superfast Salisbury Steak, and Drop Biscuits. It was a quick, easy dinner to make, and went over well with everyone, read on...

SUPERFAST SALISBURY STEAK, really good, and easy...

This recipe was a hit with everyone. The meat was very moist, and the flavors of the sauce were extremely good as well. The sauce would have also been good over mashed potatoes as well. I used the leftover potatoes and carrots from the Pot Roast I made the other day, and they went with it well also. I wouldn't say the recipe was "superfast", but it was fast, under an hour from start to finish; compared to many of the other recipes in this cookbook, it was really fast to make. However, it was really easy. Everyone liked this dish, and it's definitely a keeper and one I'll probably make again.

DROP BISCUITS, good, quick, and easy...

My family are really biased by my own biscuit recipe, so it's difficult to make a new recipe without them already having in their heads that there's not a better biscuit. However, they all liked these biscuits. They said they're not as good as my biscuits, but they were good and all liked them. As for me personally, I thought they were going to be dry and tough, maybe that's just the way drop biscuits are, but I was surprised that these biscuits had a crunchy outside, but were still moist enough inside. Not my favorite biscuit, but they were super easy to make since you just mix all the ingredients and drop them into muffin tins. They really were ok, I'd eat them again, but probably won't since I have a better recipe.  There are a few other biscuit recipes in this cookbook that aren't drop biscuits, so we'll see how those turn out in the future.

39 recipes down, 508 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment