Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yellow Pepper Soup with Cilantro Puree

Day 30 of cooking from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT and I made a Yellow pepper Soup with Cilantro Puree for one of the courses for our dinner tonight. Here's our thoughts on this recipe...

YELLOW PEPPER SOUP WITH CILANTRO PUREE, not good...

While I was preparing this recipe, which took a lot of prep to do, I kept saying "interesting" with the flavor combinations. But I'm open minded and willing to try new things. However, when I did try the final product, I was not pleased. I could only eat a few bites of this soup and the rest ended up down the garbage disposal.

My son in law felt the same way I did, my hubby thought it was just ok, but didn't even manage to eat half of his. Our daughter, on the other hand, liked it. I'm not sure if that was because she's been sick and has a stuffed up nose and her taste buds are off, or if she really liked it; she'd have to try it again when her pallate is up to snuff.

This is the recipe my hubby also mocked the cookbook cover saying it had that "yum factor", in a sarcastic tone. Not much else to say about this soup, it just was not good and not one I'd recommend or make again.

57 recipes down, 490 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment